Florida Elder Law and Medicaid Planning Attorney
Barbara Buxton, Esquire, is a South Florida Elder Law Attorney and Estate Planning Lawyer with a Master of Laws in Estate Planning degree (LL.M.) from the University of Miami School of Law. For over 20 years, Ms. Buxton has been devoted to helping clients and their families with the unique and complex issues that seniors face as they age. Our elder law services include Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach County Florida Medicaid Eligibility Planning, Guardianships, Estate Planning, Wills and Trusts, Nursing Home Asset Preservation, Florida Probate and Estates and Trust Administration. We look forward to speaking with you about your situation.
What Is An Elder Law Attorney
An Elder Law attorney concentrates on the areas of the law that focus on legal issues affecting elders, their spouse and/or their children, such as aging, disability, incapacity, illness, and long term care and nursing home planning. The Elder Law lawyer also reviews contracts with nursing homes, arrangements with individuals who will provide services to the elderly and agreements where property is being sold or transferred. In addition, an Elder Law attorney reviews health insurance, home care, and long term care policies.
How We Can Help You
The legal issues affecting senior citizens today are complex and numerous, so careful planning by an elder law and estate planning attorney is essential. At the Law Offices of Barbara Buxton, P.A., not only do we handle all aspects of Florida elder law, but we listen carefully to your concerns and are patient in explaining information to you. Ms. Buxton and her staff help clients who have concerns such as:
- Who will handle my affairs if I get sick?
- Will I outlive my money?
- How can I preserve my assets?
- How can I qualify for Medicaid?
- How can I leave the most to my children and grandchildren and still control my finances?
- Can I afford a nursing home or assisted living facility?
- Do I need long term care insurance?
- Should I purchase an annuity?
- What is probate and should I try to avoid it?
These questions can only be answered on an individual basis by a Florida Elder Law Attorney whose practice is concentrated on Florida Nursing Home Medicaid benefits and public benefits for Home and Assisted Living and Estate Planning. Attorney Barbara Buxton not only teaches local South Florida attorneys’ the intricacies of preserving their clients’ assets while qualifying for public benefit programs such as Florida Medicaid, but many clients are lawyers of other specialties that trust our office to handle this planning for their family members. We have worked hard for over 20 years to build our reputation as a law firm that gets clients qualified for the program that is right for them, in a timely manner, while preserving the maximum assets legally possible.
We understand that many elder law issues can be emotional and frustrating, and further complicated for families when children live far from their parents. Having a Florida elder law attorney can give you peace of mind and help guide you through such state-specific challenges as Florida Medicaid Planning, Assisted Living and Nursing Home Medicaid rules and planning, Florida guardianship, estate administration, trust administration, and Florida Probate.
Our Florida Elder Law Legal Services
We provide the following elder law services to seniors, their families and caretakers in Miami-Dade County, Broward County and Palm Beach County, Florida.
Florida Elder Law
- Florida Medicaid Planning for Nursing Homes, Assisted Living Facilities, Hospice, Home Health Care, Medicaid Pre-Planning, Medicaid Crisis Planning and Medicaid Applications
- Assistance obtaining Veteran’s benefits
- Florida Nursing home planning
- Estate planning
- Florida Guardianship and Conservatorship, including Emergency Temporary Guardianship
- Assisted living and nursing home placement assistance
- Evaluation of nursing home abuse
Asset Preservation: Family Wealth Preservation Strategies
- Asset preservation from nursing home and long-term care costs (Florida Medicaid)
- Medicaid Qualified Income Trusts
- Disability and Incapacity planning
- Wills and Trusts (wealth, irrevocable, living, special needs, life insurance, credit shelter)
Florida Estate Planning
- Estate planning
- Revocable living trusts
- Wills, living wills, durable powers of attorney, advanced healthcare directives
- Prenuptial and Post-nuptial Agreements
- Charitable Giving
- Professional trustee, guardian, and fiduciary
- Warranty Deeds
Long Term Care Planning
- Provide for the long term care needs of the client’s loved ones;
- Preserve assets for the benefit of the family;
- Reduce or eliminate the fear of impoverishment;
- Tap all existing resources of assistance to meet the cost of long term care;
- Balance estate planning, taxation, and long term care issues; and
- Asset Preservation for individuals who need nursing home care, but have too much income or assets to qualify for government programs.
Our South Florida Elder Law firm can also help you or your loved ones understand the various government and private support programs including Florida Statewide Medicaid Managed Care Long-Term Care, Florida Medicaid for long-term care benefits in the home, assisted living facility and nursing home, and Long-term care insurance.
Florida Probate Services
- Probate, trust and estate administration
- Summary Probate
- Ancillary Probate
- Estate settlement
- Transfer of real property
Ms. Buxton enjoys working with elders and their families and takes a personal interest in each client. As part of her holistic approach to creating individual comprehensive plans, she routinely confers with other members of the elder support team including care managers, accountants, physicians and financial planners to solve all issues regarding our clients.