At the Law Offices of Barbara Buxton, P.A., we help our clients in the counties of Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach to decide in advance and for themselves how their estate and business will be passed from them to their loved ones. We advise our clients on how to avoid probate, arrange their affairs to ensure that their estate is distributed the way they wish; preserve wealth; plan for the possibility of incapacity and long-term care; minimize or eliminate estate taxes; and plan for the passing of a family business from one generation to the next. We also help clients protect their assets the high cost of long-term care, possible lawsuits and creditors.
Our goal is to help clients develop comprehensive lifetime and estate plans that address age-related concerns; wealth preservation strategies, including protecting the assets they have accumulated from being consumed by nursing home costs; and distributing their estate. Our law firm is a well-respected provider of high quality, cost-effective legal services in South Florida. While we primarily serve clients throughout South Florida, we also represent clients throughout the state and the country that have family or property in Broward, Miami-Dade and Palm Beach Counties.
Please select the choices below for a description of the types of matters that we handle. We limit and develop our practice in the following areas:
- Florida Estate Planning, Wills and Trusts, Powers of Attorney, Living Wills, etc.
- Elder Law- Life Care Planning
- Florida Medicaid Planning and Eligibility
- Nursing Home Planning and Asset Preservation- Asset Preservation for People with Too Much Income or Assets to Qualify for Government Programs
- Florida Probate, Estate and Trust Administration and Litigation
- Guardianship and Guardianship Litigation
- Health Care Surrogates
- Durable Power of Attorney
- Planning for Disability and Incapacity of Adults
- Special Needs Trusts
- Pre and Post-Nuptial Agreements
- Gift & Estate Tax Planning
- Asset Preservation Planning (from Creditors, Lawsuits, etc.)
- Family Limited Partnerships
- Business Succession Planning
- Charitable Planning
- Contract Preparation and Review
- Real Estate Transactions
Please call our office at 305-932-2293 in the Miami area or 954-760-7077 in the Broward County-Fort Lauderdale area to discuss how our law firm can serve you. If you live in another area of Florida or Out-of-state, please email our office. Telephone appointments and Home and Hospital appointments are available.